Soak Off Gel Nail Art
This competition will not be divisional and will combine both novice and veteran.
There will be no novice winner upgraded to veteran level.
1. Competitors will have 1 hour to complete a set of 5 (unless otherwise noted on daily schedule) nails using soak off gel to create nail art.
**1A. Nails may be extensions or natural. The length must be no longer than a salon success style nail length of 1 to 2 ratio.
2. Model’s nails should be prepared for soak off gel polish application before competition start time is called.
3. All nail art must be made from soak off gel polish only.
4. All work must be done on site. Absolutely no pre-work allowed.
5. No enhancement products other than soak off gel polish may be present at the station. No regular gel, paint, gel paint, traditional polish or other enhancement may be used in any capacity.
6. Competitor will have all products to be used, out and displayed on station for inspection of floor staff before competition begins. Items must be in original containers that clearly read “Soak Off Gel”
7. Embellishments or adornments may be used, but must NOT exceed 25% of the overall design
8. Nail art may be flat or be a raised surface.
9. Raised surfaces may be soak off gel polish or embellishments but must not be taller than ¼” above the surface of the natural nail. The design must follow the theme.
10. The theme for each soak off gel nail art competition will be announced before the beginning of the competition year. The theme must be followed on all 5 nails.
11. Soak off gel top coat, and/or glitter soak off gel polish may be used.
12. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, etc.) are NOT allowed.
13. Competitors may NOT use any copyrighted art, designs or logos.
14. All files and buffers must be new, no additives such as oil on them is allowed.
15. Soak off gel nail art will be judged in the following 12 categories: originality, visual interest, color, dimension, balance, design, and soak off gel base application, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, detail, and theme.
16. Any Soak Off Gel Nail Art design that wins, or has already won, first place at a NAILPRO competition cannot be reused by the winner or copied by other competitors in subsequent NAILPRO competitions. The NAILPRO competition staff reserves the right to disqualify any design it considers too similar to a winning design. Any discussion with the NAILPRO competition staff about designs will be held in strict confidence.
** New Rule/Change
Property of Nailpro World Nail Competitions © 2019 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED. UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copyrighted, and all rights reserved.