1. Competitors will have 1.5 hours to complete a set of salon-style nail extensions using cover or clear pink on nail plate and white as the free edge. You must use either flat, paper or metal forms or tips.
1b. Salon Style— the standard of perfection for the Salon Success competition; a set of nail enhancements that have:
· A more durable, wearable look
· A shape that ranges from extreme square to extreme oval (stiletto)
· A 2 to 1 ratio of nail bed (pink) to free edge (white), measured from the center of the smile line;
· Product thinly applied near the cuticle area, reinforced at the stress area, and tapered through the free edge so it is equal to approximately the thinness of a credit card.
2. White tips are NOT allowed (clear or natural tips only).
3. Competitors must use professional products. Enhancement products containing glitter are NOT allowed.
4. Embellishment(s) may NOT be used.
5. The model’s natural nails may be prepared for product application before the competition starts, but product may NOT be applied until the competition starts.
6. No colored or clear products of any type may be applied to tips prior to attaching them to the natural nail.
7. Only unaltered clear adhesives (gel-type, brush-on, tubes, etc.) may be used to attach tips to the nail. No plastic type molds of any kind may be used to form the sculptured nail.
8. All enhancement products must be applied after tips and or forms are applied to natural nails.
9. No products, such as inverted tips or any “cookie cutter” products may be used to form or assist in making a smile line. White gel paint or white gel polish is not allowed.
10.Electric files may be used. All files and buffers must be clean and unused.
11. Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products (oils, creams, lotions, etc.) are allowed. Excessive use of oil is not permitted. It will be at the judge’s discretion to deduct points for excess oil.
12. The nail enhancements on one hand (competitor’s choice) must be polished with RED cream polish or if using gel, a gel polish may be used. Gel contestants may use RED polish. Base coat, ridge filler and top coat are allowed.
13. The nail enhancements on the unpolished hand must be Salon-Style (Pink and White ONLY), , finished to a high shine. A gel sealant may be used.
14. The underside of both hands must look the same.
15. Salon Success will be judged in the following categories: smile lines, “C” curves, cuticle area, shape, product control, surface structure, presentation, lateral structure, length, polish or color application, finish work, and overall impression.
** New Rule/Change
Property of Nailpro World Nail Competitions © 2019 Creative Age Publications. All rules including judging criteria are NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED. UNLESS WRITTEN APPROVAL IS GIVEN FROM NAILPRO COMPETITION DIRECTOR ONLY! All Nailpro Competition rules are copyrighted, and all rights reserved.